Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anyone for Tennis?

Somebody please play tennis with me. I was going to limit this invitation to my facebook friends, but I figured I will let the whole world have a crack.

There is a court right next to my house, which appears to be in pretty good condition. I got a racket that is gathering dust and a body that desperately needs the exerscise. I have a natural desire to be locked in competition, but from the safe distance that a tennis court and a net provide.

I am not very good, especially considering I haven't played in over a year. But I will try my hardest; it is all I ever do.

Actually, let me qualify that note on my quality: I am very poor at tennis. Never had a lesson in my life, never even really been in a serious game. I just like knocking some balls around.

And that's it I suppose. An open invitation. You knock and my door (address witheld), and if you a racket in your hand and a crazy looking headband we'll have ourselve a game, as long as I am not working on my class, writing a post, cooking dinner, doing laundry, playing with my child, etc. etc.

Oh, and you got to pay your busfare. I am strapped for cash. Otherwise I would join a tennis club.

I've taken this about as far as it can go. See you guys next time.

1 comment: