Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Okay. New Year's Resolutions. Let's Do This.

I reckon that tomorrow will be taken up with discussion of a) Diego Costa's choice of sleeve length and b) the College Football playoffs, so I think today is a good day to do New Year's Resolutions.

Get my Masters Degree done - I have been working on my MS in Naval Architecture for about 1000 years.  My thesis only remains.  It has to be done this year, because I don't know how much more I can stand, and I am not sure how much more the candy company is going to pay for my schooling.

Health!  Vegetables!  Exercise!  Sleep! Blah! - I have the seen the future in the aging workforce that surrounds me at the candy factory and it doesn't look good; though it isn't so much about looks as it is about feeling. Fused vertebrae, bad teeth, numb hands and shoulders, pinched nerves, bad knees, it all awaits.  I get the feeling that I might be able to stave all that off if I get more exercise and can remain reasonably limber.  Look out creepy yoga man who keeps trying to do a handstand on the villiage green - you will be alone no longer.

Seriously though, I feel like this year I have gone through life at about 70%.  It would be nice to feel a little better on most days.

Be More Professional at Work and in Life - Translation:  basically try to shave every couple of days, instead of every four days.

Write More, Shorter Posts - Pretty self explanatory.  I think I will be writing more posts but trying to keep them shorter, in general, though I still the reserve the right to go long.  There are some I know who like reading the blog but get turned off by the length.  I've heard your cries and I'll try to do a little better.  I don't think I can write everyday though -- at least not for the blog.  I think you can see that I am running pretty thin on things to talk about.

Happy New Years, everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment