Saturday, November 6, 2010

The World Turned Upside Down Part II



What?? Gwyneth Paltrow is now a country singer, and is going to be performing at the CMA music awards?? Seriously??

The world turned upside down indeed! How long was a I underwater for? Did I surface in some sort of alternate reality? And what would happen if I met "Bizarro Nick", who I assume is an Englishman with decidedly American tastes? Would we both simply cease to exist, or would we be hurled into another dimension where we would join forces in battle against the Dark Lord Katulu and save the Universe?

So many questions, one simple answer: Paltrow plays a country music singer in her latest movie, and I guess performing at the CMAs is a way for her to generate buzz or simply show us once again while she is so awesome (and she really is, I think she's a great actress). According to the very, very little I have actually read about this (which fully qualifies me to talk about it on the blogosphere), she actually learned to play the guitar and took singing lessons and is ready to rock the awards show with a performance.

So good for you, Gwyneth Paltrow. And good for me too, becuase it seems as though I am still safely in the world I know and, for the most part, love.

...Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment