Sunday, October 19, 2014

On Approaching 10,000 Views

As of starting this post I am about 60 page views away from hitting 10,000 page views on the blog.  I'd like to especially thank my parents, my friends, my wife, and various Chinese and Russian organized crime syndicates for helping me reach this point.  I'd also like to thank my main man Bruno Mars, who is responsible for over 400 page views on this blog alone (that's a rather swarthy 4%).

10,000 sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.  I have 169 published posts, and currently I appear to average about 59 views per post.  Decent bloggers, I know, average at least.....3 times that many?  Maybe?

At any rate, clearly the blog hasn't gained much traction, which is probably because, to this day, it really doesn't stand for much of anything.  It isn't about anything.  With a few rather startling examples there is little sense of moral outrage, there is little self-righteous indignation, there is not a lot for people to agree or disagree with, nothing to love or to hate.  It just kind of is this goofy, zany, long-winded, infrequent, crappy thing.

I've been wondering recently how long it can go on, honestly.  All things, after all, must come to an end.

But I don't think it's time yet.  It all feels a bit unfinished, to end it all now.  Making these little posts stokes the illusion that there is a writer rattling around somewhere in my engineer's exterior, and I don't feel that it's time to snuff out that illusion just yet.

So I write on.  Let's give it another 10,000, yeah?





No comments:

Post a Comment