Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hey! The Hokies Have a Game This Weekend!

Oh my gosh!

I do believe, good people, that the Virginia Polytechnic and State University Fighting Gobblers are going to be in action against the Appalachian State Mountaineers this very weekend! 

Can the Mountaineers overcome the long bus ride to Blacksburg and poor catering service to defeat the mighty Hokies? 

Will I be able to partake in the televisional feast that will commence at kickoff? 

Will Sarah Palin parachute out of a C-130 onto the 50 yard line with the 38th Royal Parachute Regiment (the Duke of Gloucester's finest) during the 3rd quarter to renounce her American citizenship and declare her undying loyalty to the Queen?  

All intriguing questions.  I will tackle them in reverse order.

No, I seriously doubt Sarah Palin will do any such thing.  However, before she rules it out entirely, it would be good to remind her that the royalists who stood staunchly with King and Country were America's first conservatives.  Just something to think about, Mrs. Palin, as you continue to try and burnish your credentials for....whatever it is you are preparing to do.   

I don't know.  I will, indeed, be able to partake in the televisional feast, one way or another.  The real question is, do I want to?  My Netflix que is getting awfully overloaded.

It's a tough one.  I've been comparing the Hokie's uniforms with the Mountaineers', and I got to tell ya; not much between them.  I am afraid it's going to have to come to a coin toss. 

Here we go....

Phew.  Don't worry everyone.  It looks a win for the Hokies.  But it will not be easy. 

You see, the coin, once flipped, struck my Pippa Middleton poster, and I fumbled the catch off the ricochet because I was momentarily distracted by....Pippa.  Rules is rules, and so I had to play the coin as it lied.  Luckily it was heads, so the Hokies are still going to win.  But expect a rocky first half. 

Go Hokies!


No comments:

Post a Comment